Copper Socks for Arthritis: Are They Better Than Regular Compression Socks?
Arthritis is a modern day condition that effects a large part of the populous in modern societies. There are more than hundred types of arthritis known to men this time. Compression socks can be effective at treating these conditions. Recently a certain brand of compression socks – copper compression socks – have been gaining popularity. The question many people ask is whether the best copper compression socks are more effective at treating arthritis than regular models. In this article we will study the effectiveness of copper socks for arthritis.
What is Arthritis?
According to the Arthritis Foundation it is not one disease, but rather an umbrella term for a number of conditions. To put it simply, it is a term referring to joint pain. There are more than one hundred types of arthritis. However there are three major types. These are osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and psoriatic arthritis (PsA). The three types require different types of treatment, since they also develop in different way. Although all can lead to severe consequences, such as deformity and loss of leg function.
Common symptoms of arthritis in the beginning include joint pain, stiffness, and decreased range of motion. If arthritis goes untreated, the symptoms worsen. In the end the limbs can loose their ability to move, and chronic pain.
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. In this instance the soft, protective surface at the end of the bones – also known as cartilage – slowly disappears through repeated use. In the end the bone rub against the other bone. Over time the pain becomes chronic. There are risk factors that increase the chances of osteoarthritis. These include repeated sporting activity, excess body weight, family history, old age and previous history with arthritis.
In mild cases of arthritis, the condition can be managed – or even reversed – with the following tricks:
- Rest: Balance out athletic activity with regular rests. Don’t overtrain.
- Use hot and cold water: When showering, apply hot and cold water to the suffering area. This therapy increases blood flow to the area. The increased blood flow helps end the inflammation.
- Take ice baths after training: Ice baths too help blood flow. After training they help the area recover through getting more nutrition and the blood flow helping the immune cells do their job.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Excess body weight puts excess pressure on the ankle and knee joints.
- Increase core strength and balance: Often bad posture causes imbalance in the legs, which puts too much pressure on the joints.
- Wear proper footwear: Often too small or too big shoes can cause pain in the joints of the foot.
- Wear compression socks or sleeves: Compression wearables increase blood flow to the joints, thereby ending arthritis, or at least helping the pain subside.
Effects of Copper Socks for Arthritis
As mentioned in the previous paragraph, compression socks are an effective way of treating arthritis. The best compression socks can increase blood circulation and relieve aching joints while decreasing stiffness.
However not all compression socks were made equal. The main differentiator in terms of compression socks is the strength of compression. Weaker compression socks can elevate the pain of arthritis. Mild compression socks are equipped to relieve stiffness and increase the limb’s range of motion. Strong compression socks can treat arthritis the most by ending leg pain and increasing the limb’s range of motion.
Copper socks for arthritis have the same positive effects when it comes to treating arthritis as their regular counterparts. However they have a real positive. The copper ion content of the socks have antibacterial qualities. It is normal that the
Before trying any compression products, always consult with a trained physician. Wearing the wrong type of compression socks can have side effects. Patients who have a history of venous disease should be more cautious with compression socks.
How Can Copper Socks Help Treat Arthritis?
The effects of the best copper socks for arthritis include the following:
- Increased blood circulation: By putting pressure on the legs the compression socks decrease the diameter of the veins. This leads to quicker blood flow.
- Pain relief: The T-cells of the immune system and the nutrients reach the inflamed area quicker. The painful inflammation subsides.
- Prevention of swelling: When the fluids between the cells can’t enter the blood flow, the legs get swollen. Such swelling can cause severe pain. Compression socks help the fluid enter the blood stream and the swelling can subside.
- Temperature control: The best compression sock are made of a material that keeps your legs cold during the warm months of summer, and hot during the winter. Such temperature control is an integral feature of the best running compression socks.
- Hygiene: This is the part where copper compression socks really excel. The human sweat is the perfect environment for bacterial growth. Copper has antibacterial qualities. Copper compression socks treat arthritis while keeping your feet hygienic.
Do Copper Socks for Arthritis Have Sideffects?
There is plenty of evidence about the antibacterial effects of copper compression socks. Some people fear that the copper has side effects. However such effects have never been proven. The socks are manufactured in a way that the copper content can’t have any effects on the health of the person wearing them. If you want to read more about the subject, and make sure that copper socks for arthritis have no side effects, read this article.
The Best Copper Sock for Arthritis
An excellent product that holds your legs like a soft cradle. These products have the highest copper content of any compression socks on the market. If you find any compression socks with a higher copper content, the manufacturer of these socks will give you back your money, no questions asked.
Excellent at relieving stiff muscles and elevating joint pain. Excellent for treating shin splints and tendonitis. The medium graduated compression will help you retain your range of motion in no time.
A machine washable pair of copper socks for arthritis. They keep your legs hygienic while helping the pain subside and helping your legs regain their range of motion.
In summary copper socks for arthritis can not only treat the symptoms of the condition, but also keep your feet hygienic. The copper content of the socks prevents bacterial growth. There are no side effects to the best copper socks for arthritis. Their antibacterial quality combined with all the positives of compression technology makes them an excellent option for treating arthritis.